Full Teeth Replacement
What is Full Teeth Replacement?
Why Choose Full Teeth Replacement?
- Improved Aesthetics: Full teeth replacement can enhance your smile, facial appearance, and overall self-confidence, allowing you to regain a natural and youthful look.
- Enhanced Chewing and Speaking: With a fully restored set of teeth, you can enjoy improved chewing efficiency, enabling you to enjoy a wider variety of foods and speak more clearly.
- Preservation of Jawbone Structure: By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, full teeth replacement stimulates the jawbone, preventing bone loss and maintaining facial structure.
- Durability and Longevity: Dental implants used in full teeth replacement are designed to be durable and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- Improved Oral Health: Full teeth replacement helps restore oral health, reducing the risk of gum disease, further tooth loss, and related dental issues.
The Full Teeth Replacement Procedure
- Initial Consultation and Treatment Planning The first step towards full teeth replacement is scheduling an initial consultation with our experienced dental team. During this visit, we will thoroughly assess your oral health, discuss your goals and expectations, and create a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
- Extractions (if necessary) In some cases, extractions may be required to remove any remaining damaged or decayed teeth in the arches that will be replaced. Our skilled oral surgeon will ensure your comfort throughout the procedure, utilizing advanced techniques and sedation options when necessary.
- Dental Implant Placement The next stage involves the surgical placement of dental implants into the jawbone. Dental implants are small, biocompatible titanium posts that act as artificial tooth roots. They provide a stable foundation for the replacement teeth and integrate with the surrounding bone over time.
- Healing and Osseointegration Following implant placement, a period of healing and osseointegration is necessary. During this phase, the implants gradually bond with the jawbone, forming a strong and secure anchor for the future prosthetic teeth. The length of this healing period may vary for each individual but generally ranges from three to six months.
- Final Prosthetic Attachment Once the dental implants have successfully integrated with the jawbone, the final prosthetic teeth, such as implant-supported dentures or bridges, can be attached. These prosthetics are meticulously crafted to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, providing a seamless and aesthetically pleasing result.
Recovery and Aftercare
- Medication: Your dentist may prescribe pain medication or antibiotics to manage any discomfort or prevent infection. It’s important to follow the prescribed medication regimen as directed.
- Oral Hygiene: Maintaining good oral hygiene is paramount after full teeth replacement. Follow your dentist’s instructions on brushing and flossing techniques specifically tailored for your new prosthetic teeth. Regular dental check-ups and professional cleanings are also essential to monitor the health of your implants and overall oral cavity.
- Dietary Considerations: Initially, you may be advised to stick to a soft or liquid diet to allow for proper healing. As your recovery progresses, you can gradually reintroduce a wider variety of foods into your diet. However, avoid extremely hard, sticky, or chewy foods that may put excessive strain on the implants or prosthetic teeth.
- Avoid Tobacco and Alcohol: Tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption can negatively impact the success of dental implants and overall oral health. It’s advisable to refrain from smoking or using tobacco products and to limit alcohol consumption to promote optimal healing and long-term success.
- Protective Mouthguard: If you engage in activities such as contact sports or teeth grinding during sleep, your dentist may recommend a customized mouthguard to protect your new prosthetic teeth and implants from potential damage.
Achieving Superior Full Teeth Replacement
Most frequent questions and answers
Just moved to San Diego… I was a little apprehensive about having to find a new dentist, but the entire staff at this beautiful office is FANTASTIC!! Juan and Hailey are both so personable and professional. Dr. Nasari top San Diego dentist was thorough and answered all of my questions and concerns. Just a positive experience from start to finish!.
The staff was very nice and professional. I had tons of questions and the dental hygienist was extremely knowledgeable and patient with me. She answered all of my questions while also giving me tips on how to keep a healthy smile. This was hands down one of the best dental experiences that I’ve ever had. I’d highly recommend them!
This is by far the best place for your dental care in San Diego! They are so accommodating, friendly and professional! They also take extra care with patients that have fears regarding getting dental work done. I recommend Cabrillo Dental to all my friends and family! Thank you Cabrillo Dental for all your hard work, amazing staff and overall excellence!
We accept almost all dental insurance, however call us please to confirm your individual dental plan. Cabrillo Dental is a preferred provider for most dental health insurance plans.